West Michigan Construction Institute (WMCI) is a new, skilled trades educational institution providing the experience, skills, certifications, and connections needed to pursue fulfilling careers in construction. WMCI is seeking a creative individual who is a social media storyteller, a skilled content creator, and a fast learner.
WHY WORK AT THE WEST MICHIGAN CONSTRUCTION INSTITUTE:
This isn’t a “go get me a coffee internship.” This is a position where the successful applicant will have the ability to collaborate on large-scale marketing campaigns and lend their voice and talent to the work WMCI is doing to improve the lives of the students they serve! This paid position comes with access to a downtown Grand Rapids office. However, team members have the option to work from home and are given flexibility to accommodate work/school schedules and/or COVID safety needs. Interns are always treated with respect and acceptance and invited to participate in team-building activities and professional development opportunities.
- Creating compelling content for social media and various marketing materials
- Updating course catalogue InDesign templates
- Brainstorming and executing creative content for monthly social media calendars
- Assisting in promotional copywriting for a diverse set of marketing mediums
- Bringing new ideas to discuss with the creative/marketing team
- Assisting in planning, organizing, and executing events
- Taking direction from others and synthesizing ideas into high-quality creative projects
- Must be a hungry, humble, and smart self-starter
- Strong copy-writing skills
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign (or ability to learn quickly)
- Ability to create multimedia content: photos and designs
- Excellent organizational and task-management skills
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a marketing role and/or managing social media
- Strong understanding of Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn functionality
- A positive and strong work ethic – ready to dive in, have fun and work hard.
- A passion for learning and professional development
- Bonus: basic video production and post-production abilities
This position does not require a certification
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. If visiting a construction job site or onsite construction labs, personal protective equipment will be required and provided. The noise level in the work environment can vary from time to time – infrequently requiring ear plugs when in proximity to heavy equipment.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions performed by people assigned to this position title. The job description is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties and skills required of members so classified. All reasonable accommodations will be made for applicants and/or current staff members who meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).